Edwin H. Lemare
9 September 1865 - 24 September 1934
Recordings by Edwin H. Lemare
- Nelson Barden, "Edwin H. Lemare" (The
American Organist Magazine)
Part 1: Becoming the Best ( in Jan. 1986, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 58-66 )
Part 2: Pittsburgh and Australia ( in Mar. 1986, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 50-55 )
Part 3: The Midlands, Liverpool, Freiburg ( in June 1986, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 76-82
Part 4: San Francisco, Portland, Chattanooga, Hollywood ( in Aug. 1986, Vol.20,
No.8, pp. 44-53 )
Portions previously appeared in the British Journal The Organ. The articles
are also reprinted (without illustrations) in Series I of the Wayne Leupold Editions
of Lemare's original compositions and transcriptions. (See below.)
- Edwin H. Lemare, "Organs I Have Met" (Los Angeles: Schoolcraft, 1956)
has been reprinted by The Organ Literature Foundation, 45 Norfolk Road, Braintree,
MA 02184. Vox: 617-848-1388, Fax: 617-848-7655.
- The Organ Music of Edwin H. Lemare, edited by Wayne Leupold.
(Wayne Leupold Editions / E.
Series I (Original Compositions): Volume I, II, III and IV
Series II (Transcriptions): . . . . . .
Lemare and Austin Organs
(Links are to be re-established.)
1.The Lemare Connection, by Nelson Barden
2. Portland City Hall, Austin Opus 323, by Frederick L. Mitchell
3. The Kotzschmar Memorial Organ, by David E. Wallace
4. A note from Frederick Hohman
This page will always be under construction.
I appreciate your comments and/or info on Lemare to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 2004-05-12. T. Ohbayashi me fecit.
Copyright (C) 1998-2004 by T. Ohbayashi. (First published on 98-03-21)